We were given a little sheet and told to be sure we use that one because there are different versions out there so be careful not to learn the wrong thing on YouTube.
- Give a bit more ‘d’ at the end of verses.
- Remember the sniff, which is to ensure there is a break in the sound at that point.
- After the sniff is a crescendo (gradual increase to peak volume)
- Try to hold the note on the Ah’s rather than going flat (“scooping”)
- Breathe somewhere without an “S”
- Practice “heart” at the end
- Need to come in as a team on the second verse
- Don’t go with B2 for third verse
- No breath after “blood”, choose somewhere else
No song page yet
- Don’t go to early, save some for later in the piece
- End of verse 1 is always raged
New arrangement by Tracey, don’t use your old sheet music
- Keep humming down, but hum all the way to the bar line, don’t stop too early
- “Mile” is singular, no “s”
- B1 and B2 sing in unison
- Practice bar 27, “Hm hm An I will love”. Make sure it is high enough on “and I”
No Red Rose song page yet
- Words, words, words!
- B1 Practice bar 32 “All my dreams will sweeter be”
- T2 practice “dead, dead, dead”
- Roll those “R”s
- Generally too loud of at the beginning
- “tra mon tra” not “non”, the copy is wrong
- B1 wait till after “morir, morir” before giving the welly
- Strong “k” and “n” at the end of words
- Don’t breathe through the title
- B1 check “through” it goes down
- B1 first three notes the same
- Red rose
- Cwm Rhondda